well, i am kind of miserable and kind of making the most of spending a week on the couch. i have read three and a half books and slept a really, really lot (bless you, percocet). and i have showered three times! everyone is enjoying that aspect of my recuperation. dadda has worked from home quite a bit and made it easier on the baby, but she's still having a rough time being confined to the house with little entertainment besides pbs and the backyardigans.
gratefully i do not have a real live cast on. i have some kind of magical "aircast" that comes off for showering and does not itch, blessed day! but in the most wonderful twist of all, it is my transcribing and driving foot that has been broken in pieces, so i can't do a blessed thing. for the foreseeable future. including hopping up steps to go houseshopping. fun!
the weather here is finally gorgeous (and i'm stuck inside, but that's okay). we've turned the ac off and sleep with the windows open and it makes me very happy. the baby has figured out how to ride a big wheel, so we go outside for at least 30 minutes a day and find me someplace to prop my foot up while she rides around the driveway, burns some energy, and gets some fresh air.
so that's what we're up to. if you're in the area and have a free morning or late afternoon, that baby would love a visitor. and if you let me know that you're coming a day or two in advance, i might even shower for you. but seriously, i need some notice. it takes a while. :)
I Love
3 weeks ago

3 comments:
i will come visit you if ya want. How does your Friday look?
Really, you want me to visit??? I might kidnap someone, or something.
I am so sorry to hear about your accident! That is a bummer but I am glad that you are both OK. I would love to stop by one of these days but I will call first!
Post a Comment