Wednesday, May 6, 2009

mama's new ride

Can I just tell you how much I love my bike?

We got me this bike about three days before the phone call came that we were to be parents.  I've barely ridden it.  That all changed on Saturday.

I've been "spinning" at the gym for the last couple of months since I felt like I was able to move again after the crunch.  When I'm consistent at it I definitely notice the extra flexibility and lessened pain in my ankle, but I don't really feel like I'm getting much of a workout just sitting there.  But I was willing to roll with it.   It gets me out of the house in the mornings and the baby gets to play with other kids at the gym, so it was fine.  But now we're a little pig-flu-paranoid (it's respiratory, and we have asthma), so we're avoiding the gym til things settle down a bit.  So I started complaining that not only did I need the exercise, I need the physical therapy that cycling provides.  

I complained sufficiently.  Last weekend I talked my way into a fancy-pants craigslist bike trailer.


We both love it.  We ride every morning for about an hour, usually with a pit stop at the "lake" to feed the ducklings and a brief stop at the park to let the baby get some exercise of her own.  We're out in the fresh air, in the sunshine (yes, in the heat), and we just love it.  She brings a book and the ipod and rocks it.  When it's ultra hot outside (like today), we hop in the pool when we get home.  It's lovely.

So I'm just really happy with my new bike setup and I needed to announce it to the world.  Bless Arizona, where you can cycle all year!

1 comment:

Outnumbered said...

fantastic! i miss biking.